Set amidst a historic deer park, we created a rustic, outdoor play area at Farnham Park. The expansive play area features bridges, climbing nets, a zip line, a slide, a spider climb, climbing poles, ladders, a basket swing, balance beams, see-saws, animal carvings, fox tunnels, and benches, amongst many other play features. We wanted to create a play area that offered interactive play for a large volume of children.
Our centrepiece is a replica of Farnham Castle made from UK oak, featuring extensive climbing apparatus made from locally sourced sweet chestnut. All of the materials used in the play area are FSC certified (or equivalent) and we were happy to create a natural looking play area in a natural setting.
As soon as the play area opened, it was filled with children and has remained the same ever since. BBC Surrey asked if this is ‘the coolest playground in the county’ and posted the following video of the play area:
Take A Look Around The Play Area
Here are a few images of the play apparatus, showing bridges and balance beams for the children to climb over, and fox tunnels for them to crawl through – complete with a carving of a fox!
The play area features many different bridges and walkways, offering children many different ways of interacting with the play area.
Here is our rather unique spider climb apparatus, along with our rustic, natural looking seating.
There is so much to find in this play area that we had to include posts to tie up four legged friends!
We included carving of a bird of prey and a badger carving (next to the fox hole), demonstrative of the locally occurring wildlife. A 360 degree bench nows offer parents a chance to rest, showcasing Waverley – the borough council that commissioned this project.
The Farnham Park Trim Trail
In addition to the adventure play area that we built at this site, we also built the Farnham Park Trim Trail, offering multiple pieces of exercise apparatus designed to help improve fitness and strength, targeted towards older children and adults. This particular trim trail incorporate nineteen pieces of exercise apparatus, offering great potential for improving personal strength and fitness.
The following visitor comments have been extracted from TripAdvisor reviews:
- ‘Our first visit to Farnham Park and it won’t be our last. It has one of the nicest adventure playgrounds we have discovered in the UK. The kids could have stayed playing on this rustic looking, wooden playground and it’s bridge, fort and slides for hours. Only left because the dark storm clouds started to roll in.’ Katrina B
- ‘Excellent Children’s Playground’ London_Redstar
- ‘amazing play area’ paulandmaz30
- ‘Incredible new adventure playground: The new playground in Farnham Park is fantastic for children of all ages. With a zip wire, castle, swings, high beams and much more it is a wonderful setting for a walk and play. I wish there was one of these near me when I grew up!’ Ian C
- ‘The new adventure playground is a must-see’ Jane S
- ‘brilliant play area’ chrisgup
- ‘We went to visit the new adventure play park. It really is amazing, lots to do and in a nice big space so didn’t feel too busy. It was probably suitable for age 4 upwards, but our friends’ little girl still had fun running around and going on the slides. Looking forward to returning already.’ Jenni D
Your Adventure Play Area
As with all our projects, we were grateful to have the chance to create this and entertain many children for years to come. Please take a look at our other outdoor play areas and wooden carvings (as well as our whole product portfolio, including the trim trails), and don’t hesitate to get in contact with us if you have a project in mind. We are more than happy to talk you through the design process and will endeavour to produce your perfect play area.