Located in Hillington, Norfolk, The Ffolkes Arms Hotel enjoyed an extensive refit, inside and out, totalling two million pounds. “Think Poldark, think pewter, copper, Hessian, leather, soft velvet, and rustic wood,” was how they described the transformation, and the gardens were no exception to this quest for a high end environment for all.
We built a rustic adventure playground that flows naturally around a large tree in the garden, featuring ramp access that makes it accessible for all children. The centrepiece is a large ‘egg’ type structure with a lookout tower that can be accessed from the inside. All around the play area there is seating, helping to make it a family friendly setting for all.
The video shows a walk around of the play area whilst it was still under construction.
As part of the restoration and renovation project of an iconic 300 year old coaching inn, we wanted our play area to represent the high quality values of the hotel. The end result is something we are very proud of – a high quality play area that is engaging, aesthetically pleasing, and rustic, fitting well with its surroundings. As this creations is located close to our offices, we visit regularly and have been delighted to see it being used by so many children on a constant basis.
Take A Look Around The Play Area
A Play Area To Be Proud Of
We are proud of all our play creations, but we get a special sense of pride when we look at a finished piece and see how everything comes together. Here is an aerial and ground view of the finished play area at Ffolkes Arms Hotel.
The following comments are all public TripAdvisor reviews:
- “play area is excellent and would lend itself to children’s parties” Diana A
- “fabulous outside play area, beautifully done with two lovely outside seating areas” Charlie1244
- “Great outdoor area and play ground for the kids” Bent0s
- “We are locals who like bringing our children here because of the great play area” mnowers
- “Play area for the children is fantastic” outnabout1982
- “the children ( and some not children) loved the outdoor play area” hilgaydn
- “The overall restoration is outstanding and the children’s play area is amazing, personally I think the difference is incredible” Noelyne F
- “there is a brilliant children’s play area so you can enjoy a drink and chat with family & friends while the kids have fun” dmcobb52
Design Your Unique Adventure Play Area
It was a pleasure to be part of this exciting redevelopment and as it’s just a few miles down the road from our workshop, we’re happy that we can visit it regularly to see it being enjoyed by children and adults alike. This was a completely bespoke play creation, as with everything we make, and if you are interested in commissioning your own adventure playground, please get in contact with us. In the meantime, take a look at some of our other outdoor play areas.